Volume 11, Issue 5
2016 Summer Conference!
The 2016 Summer Conference at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort will take place on June 15-17, 2016.
The TCAA Summer Conference is the best CLE program created specifically for municipal lawyers.
Earn your entire year’s participatory CLE requirement with a 13 hour (including 2 ethics hours) program! Bring the family to experience everything the Hyatt Lost Pines has to offer and join us as we continue the TCAA tradition of excellence.
For more information, and to register for this conference, please go to:
Hotel Information: The hotel block is now full. Nearby lodging options (hotels/bed and breakfasts) can be found under the “General Information” tab.
Conference Topics Include:
- Federal Environmental Update
- H.B. 1295 Contracts Disclosure
- Licensed Carry Update
- Social Media Legal Issues Update
- Charter Review
- Privacy and Data Security Issues
- Contractual Immunity
- Employment Law
- Mandamus and Ultra Vires Issues
- Construction Delays and Delay Claims
- How to Deal with Bond Counsel
- DAS and Right-of-Way Licensing
- ASCAP Licensing
- And More!
- Wednesday, June 15 reception and dinner hosted by Bickerstaff Heath Delgado Acosta, LLP and McCreary Veselka Bragg & Allen, PC
- Thursday, June 16 breakfast hosted by Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP
- Thursday, June 16 reception and dinner hosted by McKamie Krueger, LLP
2016 TMCEC Prosecutors Conference in Corpus Christi
The 2016 Texas Municipal Courts Education Center Prosecutors Conference will be held June 5-7, 2016, at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel. The brochure and registration form is available here.
2014 and 2015 TCAA Summer Conferences and the 2015 TCAA Fall Conference Sessions are Available Online
The TCAA Online Seminars are FREE, allowing TCAA members who are city attorneys, assistant city attorneys, or attorneys who regularly practice municipal law to view videos of past seminars in a single–session format. Viewing of the session allows attorneys to receive participatory CLE credit with the State Bar. To view available seminars, please visit www.tcaaonlineseminars.org. (Use the case-sensitive password “FreeCLE” to gain access to the sessions.)
If you would like to have an article considered for publication in the TCAA newsletter, please send your request to Christy Drake-Adams at email@example.com.